I have found myself in situations whereby I have the urge to just unfollow or unfriend someone online for certain reasons. I always find it difficult to do so because I’ll feel guilty about it, especially if they follow me back on Instagram or Twitter.
But then I’ve done this a couple of times already and it should be considered guilt-free.
There are some reasons to why you can unfollow or unfriend them :
- They post too much and it annoys you.
- Their posts are irrelevant to you.
- You don’t know them that well personally.
- They are toxic.
- What they do online doesn’t interest you.
- They abuse the hashtags by adding every imaginable hashtags.
I have to admit it’s easy to unfollow or unfriend but what’s tough is the possibility of them realizing it and asking you about it in real life.
I guess if people I unfollow or unfriended do ask me why, I’ll probably answer with one of these, depending on the person who ask :
- You post way too much. I tend to miss out other people’s feed.
- I like to follow people who I really know personally.
- You’re not the problem. It’s me. Really.
Honestly, it’s okay to unfollow or unfriend. It shouldn’t be something to feel guilty about anyways. And plus, if it makes you feel better, you should.